Apple Week - Day 2

We had so much fun today continuing our apple unit! I'm so excited that the kids are loving it just as much as I am!

Today, we learned all about the parts of an apple, as well as what a diagram is and what we use labels for. We made a group diagram, then each student made their own and labeled it. These were pinterest inspired (of course), but I'm not actually sure where the original idea came from...if you know, please tell me :).



We also had our apple taste test today. We tasted a red apple, green apple, and yellow apple. After, we made a comparison chart of all the apples and then graphed our favorite (my kids this year seem to love anything sour!). We also used a sentence frame for help and wrote about which apple we liked the best.




Can I just say how happy I am to have a Promethean board again? Makes life {for me and the kids} so much easier, especially since today was the first time we've done a graph with a data page!

For this to be our first time doing a data page, I was really impressed with how well the kids did!


The graphing and writing activities are in my apple pack that you can grab here.

Tomorrow is Johnny Appleseed's birthday, so we've got lots of fun planned. We can't wait!

2 comments

  1. So stinkin' precious! You are so fabulous, Vickie!

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me totally missing teaching- apple week was always one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top