Apple Week: Day 1

Can I just say how much I love apple week and celebrating Johnny Appleseed's birthday? I have no idea why, but this is one of my favorite themes to teach. We got started today with lots of activities and I can't wait for the rest of the week (and especially Friday when we make applesauce!).
We read a non-fiction story and learned about how apples/apple trees grow (this can be found in my apple pack here).

Then, the kids did their own sequencing

We made torn paper apples (I love torn paper projects!)

We learned the song "5 Red Apples" and used our Promethean Board to help act out the song and do some beginning subtraction.

We used our apples to practice adding 1 more on a number line (You can get this activity here for free!) {Graphics are KPM Doodles and Font is DJ Inkers}
Tomorrow we're doing our apple taste test...we can't wait!

8 comments

  1. So cute! We are doing apple week this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a very similar apple life cycle. My class is obsessed with the star in the core of the apple and we learned apple seeds were called pips. I learned all kinds of new things about apples with some different read alouds this year. Your torn paper apples are darling.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful! I love your stuff!

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again,
    Are these goodies in your apple unit? Just curious...

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the J. Appleseed graphic organizer. Is there a way to just buy this. :)
    Amy Hansen
    aewalz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new game content is easier to attract players to invest time in NBA 2K22, and will also attract them to buy NBA 2K22 MT.

    Attached link: https://www.gamems.com/nba-2k22-mt

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top