Moms and Memories

I know Mother's Day has long passed, but since life is a whirlwind at the end of the school year {I know you know what I'm talking about!!}, I didn't get a chance to post about what we did. I adored our gift to our moms this year and the kids loved making it!
Just like last year, we made breakfast in a bag for our moms. I let the kids decorate bags, tie a little poem to it, and the kids filled it with a honey bun, granola bar, water, and a "fancy" napkin. They were so excited to make the bags for their moms! We also included our cards to our moms in the bag. You can grab the card and breakfast in bed poem template here.



https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07U2jkTYFjJRXZNYWRLQ3VkVW8/edit?usp=sharing



The other thing we made for our moms is probably my most favorite thing I've ever made with the kids! I'm not sure where the original idea came from, but this is the pin/source I used for inspiration.

eileengoodall.hubpages.com
I got some mason jars and spray painted the outside. Then, I painted the kids' hands white and put it on the jar to make a vase {I also sprayed it with clear spray paint to help make it not scratch}. We made some handprint flowers to add to the vase and they could not have turned out cuter!!


In other news, we're working hard on our memory books and getting ready for the end of the year. I don't really do anything too extravagant as far as memory books go, because honestly, things are a little crazy at this point with field days, field trips, AR parties, graduation, etc. Our memory books are super simple and we work on a page or two each day. Then, I'll put them in a 3 prong folder with the same end of the year poem that my first grade teacher gave me and a letter I write to each child. Here are the pages we've done so far.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Looking-Back-Memory-Book-For-Pre-k-Kindergarten-1st-or-2nd-grade-247573






We still have a way to go and we'll be working on them next week in between field day activities. You can get the memory books in my TpT store.
This is the poem...you can click on the picture to grab them! :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07U2jkTYFjJZHpOWEVjemRhdUU/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07U2jkTYFjJZHpOWEVjemRhdUU/edit?usp=sharing

For those of you already out of school, congrats on another year!! We have 7 more days and although I am super excited about playing with my sweet girl all summer, I am sadder than ever to be losing this class! They truly have my heart! They are so much like me it's not even funny...motivated, competitive, and eager to learn. We've had such a great year!
I'm off to the beach for a long weekend...so thankful for all the men and women who have served our nation!

13 comments

  1. Hey, I figured you might want a really cool idea for your kids!

    Check out the Zombie Plant, the only plant that plays dead and then comes back to life minutes later!

    It's easy to grow and a great project for young kids.

    Go to www.thezombieplant.com and use the code "GREEN" at checkout to save $2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your last few days of school!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this blog , It is an amazing blog , I am really impressed by your blog , It’s really useful norton.com/setup


    www.norton.com/setup


    ReplyDelete
  4. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! My name is Selena Normand. Do you like to watch a lot of movies and love to listen to your favorite music track? Can’t decide what should you watch next? Here, you can get movie and music suggestions. And through this page, you can get to know about your favorite artists. So, please check out this site. youtube.com/activate | amazon.com/mytv | crackle.com/activate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! My name is Selena Normand. Do you like to watch a lot of movies and love to listen to your favorite music track? Can’t decide what should you watch next? Here, you can get movie and music suggestions. And through this page, you can get to know about your favorite artists. So, please check out this amazon.com/mytv | hulu.com/activate | roku.com/link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Our Team find some information for reading new things so, finally we got your post such a nice i read and very impressive. thank you her is my post whenever you need go and read this our team work as a promote website and more traffic also purchase antivirus software click on this link.

    Bitdefender Login
    Avast Login

    ReplyDelete
  8. "mcafee is an antivirus software providers that secure your computer for virus , worms ,trojens and other mailcious program .it provides full range of
    security product like antivirus , firewall etc .you have to do mcafee antivirus download "

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Kaspersky Free is a completely free security solution that does not show any
    third-party advertisements. Kaspersky Free also does not collect your personal data.
    We value your privacy. Kaspersky Total Security is an overall good internet security suite. to click this link kaspersky antivirus"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazon is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook. amazon .com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top