Celebrating the 100th Day!

If you teach in a primary grade, you already know what a big deal the 100th day of school is. Our 100th day was this past Thursday, and we had a blast!

 At the beginning of the week, I had the kids work on a home project to fill a bag with 100 of the same item. This was so good for the kids to visualize that 100 doesn't always look like the same amount, but that the bags still had an equal number of objects.


 The day before our big celebration, we talked about what we would be like when we're 100. It's so hard to get the kids to think about it sometimes, but they come up with some cute answers! Then, we made our 100th day people {thanks to Deanna Jump}. I always love how these turn out!
On the big day, I made a little banner for the kids to walk through and then {in a moment of craziness}, I threw confetti everywhere. To say the kids were excited would be a huge understatement! I also gave them a little 100th day bookmark.

To start our day, we made our hats. The kids colored a little "I am 100 days smarter" template then put 10 stickers on 10 strips so they had 100 stickers {I'm all about trying to ingrain that 10 groups of 10 is 100!}.


{view from the front}

{view from the top ;) }
Every year, I try to make my celebration a little bit better and more organized and this year I finally felt like I had it like I liked it!! After reading Cara's posts {you have to read them!!} about how she organized her 100th day, I knew I had to implement rotations. I don't know why I have never done it before!! I love teaching small group, so why have I spent the last 10 years stressing myself out doing all our 100th day activities whole group?? I decided to do 5 stations so that my tables could rotate together. Here are our rotations:

1. Roll to 100: The kids rolled a die, then colored that many spaces to see how many rolls it would take to get to 100.

 2. Gumball Machines: This idea came from Julie Lee originally {love her!}. I used the base from Cara's freebie pack, then because I know my kids needs a lot of counting support when counting to 100, I made a gumball with 10 ten frames to help. You can grab it in my 100th day freebies.


3. Make a 100 cube creation {this had us really working on our teamwork!]

4. Match 100 Hershey kisses to numbers on a hundreds chart

5. Glue 100 beads to a hundreds chart

Any time the kids finished their task before time was up, they worked on tracing to 100.

After our rotations, it was snack time! We worked to use 10 different pieces of 10 different snacks to create a 100 piece snack mix. Then, we dug into our 100th day cake {always a hit!}.



All throughout the day, I had kids telling me that this was the best day ever...I love days like that!  To grab the various hundreds charts I used, the hat pattern, and gumball ten frames, you can click here {they're free!}. 

We had such a fun day! I hope your 100th day was/is fabulous!

5 comments

  1. Thank you so much for the freebies!! The 100th day is always a big hit. Ours was going to be the same day as our Valentine's Day party, but now it's a day later due to our snow day tomorrow. I'm glad because I like to have the 2 be separate celebrations. I'm going to try the rotations this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having the early finisher work! That was my problem this year, not everything took as long as others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your fun day and the freebies:)
    Love how you have ten frames for the gumball machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!!! Thank you for all of the freebies! I am going to use the gumball ten frame!
    My Fabulous Class

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top