Parts of a Flower

Today we learned all about the parts of a flower. We started by labeling this big class flower as a group

Then, we each made our own diagram. These turned out so cute! The flower part is actually a cupcake liner that came from Wal-Mart, then we used a pipe cleaner for the stem, construction paper for the leaves, sunflower seeds for the seeds, and raffia for the roots. We also added a border because my kids love to make everything look like mine. At least once a day I hear, "Can I add a border," or "Can I make my letters cute?" Love it!! You can get a copy of the labels for the big and small flower here.
And, just for fun I thought I'd share this picture. This is how my kids were doing their workshop when I looked up from sight word testing this morning. I guess we're all ready for the lazy days of summer!
Yay for tomorrow being Friday...we have a walking field trip, so hopefully that will make the day pass by quickly :).

8 comments

  1. The flowers are so cute! I love the idea of using a fancy cupcake liner for the flower!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I'll be doing a lesson for the parts of a plant for the entire Kindergarten in my school and was going to do something similar! Love the fancy lines! I need to go to Wal Mart! Thank you for sharing!

    ❤Mrs. McKown
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcake liner is a great idea- they look fabulous!
    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful! What a creative idea.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top